Carpet Daily Maintenance
To keep your carpet looking great and feeling soft, it’s recommended to spend some time regularly cleaning and maintaining it. The steps, however, are pretty simple and won’t take up that much of your time. Plus, the payoff off having a beautiful carpet for many years to come will be well worth the investment of time and effort. Below are some care and maintenance tips that our experienced staff at Bowling’s Carpet recommend:
- Preventative measures such as avoiding tracking dirt, dust and mud onto the carpet can go a long way in keeping it fresh and clean. So protect your carpet by removing shoes before entering, using door mats, and avoiding eating messy foods that are known to stain.
- For most carpets, regular vacuuming with a manufacturer’s approved appliance is really all it will take to keep the carpet clean. For vacuum cleaning tips for our Shaw Floors carpets, visit this website: (https://shawfloors.com/flooring/how-to/carpet/carpet-care-maintenance/vacuuming-carpet)
- Having your carpets professionally cleaned, or alternatively, shampooing your carpets yourself, will work wonders to maintain their softness. Please keep in mind that before you hire a professional cleaning company, or shampoo your carpet yourself, it’s best to review the manufacturer’s cleaning guidelines and to always carefully adhere to their recommendations.
- Inevitably, no matter how careful you are, your carpet will eventually get spilled on, soiled, stained or dirtied. That’s life. Luckily, many of our carpets have built-in stain-resistant technology, which makes cleaning common household messes almost as easy as one, two, three.
- A word of caution: While cleaning up the mess right away is a good idea, we do suggest that you take a moment to establish whether it’s an oil- or water-based stain. Then, consult with your manufacturer's guidelines. Different types of stains, for example oil- or water-based stains, require different types of cleaning approaches.